We are looking to hire a Programme Associate.
- Working with the founder and director to create and execute social strategy.
- Ideating and conceptualising of creative content.
- Proofreading content for the website.
- Managing submissions and editing schedules.
- Assisting the core team in managing routine tasks.
- Managing special online and offline events.
You are the right person for this job if you:
- Have very good knowledge of intersectional feminism.
- Are passionate about anti-oppression politics.
- Have excellent English writing skills.
- Have good proofreading skills.
- Have proven work experience in social media management.
- Have excellent time management skills.
- Know how to use Canva.
- Have the ability to drive daily tasks independently.
- Function well with a remote team.
- Have good communication skills and are quick to respond to texts and mails.
- Are highly empathetic and willing to adapt to a trauma-informed work ethic.
- Have a strong activist streak.
You will be required to work a minimum of 20 hours per week (five-day week). Some events or tasks may require your presence over the weekend though this will not be frequent. We will not be able to accommodate schedules for university students, those in part time jobs, etc. as we are a very small team with limited resources.
Please be aware that like most feminist labour, the work will sometimes be emotionally draining. We are trying to create an environment where everyone is mindful of each other’s mental health and overall well-being. Authentic communication is essential for us.
This is a paid internship and the stipend will depend on your qualifications. You will be on probation for a month and the commitment required is a minimum of four months (including the probation period).
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com :
- A cover letter saying why you are interested.
- Your résumé.
- A reference from your previous employer along with their contact details.